Consumers are offered the chance to win cash prizes for participating in a phone survey.
Consumers describe their wants and needs in response to survey questions.
Consumers are presented with offers that are specifically targeted to those wants and needs.
Consumers accept an average of three targeted offers per survey.
Within 24 hours, the consumer receives a live call with an invitation to take the entry survey.
Consumers receive offers based on their responses to survey questions.
Consumers accept an offer.
Our publishers rely on overt data collection. Consumers knowingly enter the sweepstakes, and expressly agree to be contacted by the promoter in order to take an entry survey.
- Consumers are presented with detailed information about how the sweepstakes works.
- Before taking the survey, consumers are reminded that they may receive offers based on their answers.
- After consumers confirm their interest in an offer, they expressly agree to be contacted by the advertiser.
Sweepstakes promotions are designed to comply with applicable telemarketing rules, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Consent is Key: The lead lifecycle incorporates five separate points of consent to be contacted by the promoter in order to answer questions and hear relevant offers.
- Additional Regulations: The promoter employs an elaborate methodology to ensure compliance with all other applicable regulations, including opt-out requirements, DNC registration, and state time and date rules.
The sweepstakes complies with all state and federal sweepstakes regulations, such as:
- No Purchase Required: Consumers do not have to accept any offers or purchase any products to participate.
- Registration and Bonding: The sweepstakes is bonded, insured, and registered in those states that require it.
- Professional Administration: The sweepstakes is administered by an outside sweepstakes administration company to further ensure compliance.